Is Your Wound Incurable?
Topic: Jesus verse: Micah 1:2–2:13
The book of Micah consists of three oracles (proclamation of blessing, instruction, or judgment).
The first oracle (chapters 1 and 2) breaks down like this:
1. Listen up (v. 2)
2. Judgment is coming (vv. 3-7)
- reason for judgment (v. 5)
- results of judgment (vv. 6-7)
3. Distress over judgment (vv. 8-9)
4. Poetic expression regarding judgment (vv. 10-16)
5. Basis for judgment (2:1-5)
6. Prophetic condition (2:6-11)
7. Statement of Hope (2:12-13)
We should note these truths about judgment:
1. God always holds all of His perfections in perfect harmony.
2. Sin warrants judgment.
3. God's judgment is not bassed upon a whim. He judges based upon what He has prescribed.