"'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.'" - Matt. 18:3
Our children’s ministries are designed to communicate the same message as all of our ministries. Children need to be hearing the same message that we all need to hear. We want the children of Cornerstone to recognize the worth of Jesus. He is everything they’ll ever need.
We also realize that the primary mentors in children’s lives are found in their own home. We want to be a source of encouragement as we come alongside you in your efforts to point your children to Jesus.
Opportunities for children:
- Jr. Church (10 AM) – You can feel free to keep your children with you during our morning worship service if you'd like. We do, however, have classes designed to aid your children’s learning. We provide classes for children 4 years old through the 5th grade.
- Sunday School (6:00 PM) – Our children are studying the same Scripture passages as our adults. Each week we send home a reading guide to walk your entire family through the passages that will be discussed in the upcoming Sunday school class. Our current curriculum, The Gospel Project, takes us through the Bible every three years.
- AWANA (5:45 PM) – On Sunday nights from September through May, we offer a program designed to help children understand and memorize Bible verses with the primary goal of pointing them toward Jesus.
- Vacation Bible Time – Every year around the second week of July, we host a one-week program for children (ages 4-12). Each day we have rousing opening & closing assemblies, a game time, a snack time, a missionary story, and a lesson that points us to the goodness of God in the person of Jesus Christ.
- Nursery (all services) – We have qualified, dedicated, screened members of the church serving in this vital ministry. The goal of this ministry is to ensure your children are in a safe environment that is healthy for them while providing you with the opportunity to focus all of your attention on worshipping God in spirit and truth.